Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 20th July 2016 - LIVE REPORT Visit to the Natural History Museum, London
- 1st July 2016 Sainte-Marie-Aux-Mines 2016 - Day 1
- 1st July 2016 Sainte-Marie-Aux-Mines 2016 - Day 2
- 23rd June 2016 - LIVE REPORT Hong Kong mineral show - live report
- 13th May 2016 - LIVE REPORT Santa Ana - West Coast Gem & Mineral Show
- 9th April 2016 - LIVE REPORT Sinkankas Symposium 2016 - Roger Merk tribute - ...
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day July 31, 2016
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 20th Jul 2016Visit to the Natural History Museum, London
- Kyle Beucke - 16th Jul 2016Searching for silver in a specimen of altered galena
- Roy Starkey - 13th Jul 2016Bob Symes - Commemorative Meeting - Call for papers
- Giuliano Bettini - 12th Jul 2016My Hematite from Rio Marina (Elba island).
- Stephan Wolfsried - 11th Jul 2016Inertisation device for hygroscopic specimen
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: re: found in bathroom - thank you05:52 31st Jul 2016 - posted by Christian Auer
- Re: Hefty, metallic isometric crystal mystery05:08 31st Jul 2016 - posted by Dylan W.
- Hefty, metallic isometric crystal mystery05:06 31st Jul 2016 - posted by Dylan W.
- The Cathead Calcite04:02 31st Jul 2016 - posted by Nicole H
- Re: Sanidine?02:35 31st Jul 2016 - posted by Doug Daniels
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.