Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
Mindat.org is free to use. Why not start by reading about some commonly encountered minerals:
- 11th January 2015 The new mindat.org!
- 25th December 2014 What's new on our 21st anniversary?
- 24th December 2014 3rd International Competition of Mineral ...
- 10th December 2014 STOLEN - Major specimens stolen from the Desmond ...
- 22nd November 2014 Mindat - SMLS - NHM Events November 2014
- 29th October 2014 The Munich Mineral Show 2014
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day January 27, 2015
- Rick Dalrymple - 24th Jan 2015Great Stone Face
- Alan L.Melbourne - 24th Jan 2015The Antimony Trail Mystery
- Tony Peterson - 16th Jan 2015On generating stereo images with focus stacking software
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 11th Jan 2015The new mindat.org!
- Pavel Martynov - 12th Jan 2015Minerals in 3D
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Birefringence in Quartz07:21 27th Jan 2015 - posted by reford lee
- Re: Index of minerals07:01 27th Jan 2015 - posted by Pat Brown
- Re: Need help to identify this new find from KPK, ...06:46 27th Jan 2015 - posted by Eligiusz Szełęg
- Re: microcline, with limonite pseudos of what?06:43 27th Jan 2015 - posted by Eligiusz Szełęg
- Re: is this Quatrz?06:41 27th Jan 2015 - posted by Eligiusz Szełęg
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.