Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 1st July 2015 The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- 18th May 2015 360 degree Spin Mineral Photography
- 13th May 2015 The Oxford Mineral Show May 2015
- 1st May 2015 Thank you! Tucson Mindat Auction donors
- 6th April 2015 Mindat.org in 3D
- 15th March 2015 Two new magazines to download
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day August 29, 2015
- Edgar Müller - YesterdayMy Black BOX or . . . . new Stacking Device
- Giuliano Bettini - 14th Aug 2015Petalite Adventures: hunt for Castor and Pollux.
- Ben Grguric (2) - 13th Aug 2015The Light Sensitivity of Crocoite
- Lon Clay Hill - 8th Aug 2015THE CHASSIGNY METEORITE: AN EXCELLENT PROTOTYPE
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 3rd Jul 2015The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Looking for article in Le Cahier des ...09:07 29th Aug 2015 - posted by Jean-Marc Johannet
- Re: what lava rock is this?06:11 29th Aug 2015 - posted by Gregg Little
- Epidote Group, Best Minerals article05:59 29th Aug 2015 - posted by Olav Revheim
- Re: 3rd Annual Denver Show 'Mindat Friends' ...05:33 29th Aug 2015 - posted by William Moats
- Re: Do "Enhydros," or fluid inclusions, increase ...05:15 29th Aug 2015 - posted by Gregg Little
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.