Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 29th September 2015 Denver Gem and Mineral Show, September 18-20
- 17th September 2015 Three New Minerals - for three Mindat.org ...
- 1st July 2015 The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- 18th May 2015 360 degree Spin Mineral Photography
- 13th May 2015 The Oxford Mineral Show May 2015
- 1st May 2015 Thank you! Tucson Mindat Auction donors
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day October 6, 2015
- Norman King - 26th Sep 2015Denver Gem and Mineral Show, September 18-20
- Tony Nikischer - 28th Sep 2015Obituary: Rock Currier 1940-2015
- Roy Starkey - 20th Sep 2015The 34th British Micromount Symposium
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 17th Sep 2015Three New Minerals - for three Mindat.org Managers
- Volker Betz - 17th Sep 2015Exploring Darkfield Illumination for Mineral Specimen Photography
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Location mix up-Thorold and Vineland quarrys01:12 6th Oct 2015 - posted by Reiner Mielke
- Re: Non-fluorescent Phosgenite from Morocco?01:00 6th Oct 2015 - posted by Jacob Zonderman
- Re: Non-fluorescent Phosgenite from Morocco?23:49 5th Oct 2015 - posted by Rudy Bolona
- Re: Non-fluorescent Phosgenite from Morocco?23:44 5th Oct 2015 - posted by Rudy Bolona
- Non-fluorescent Phosgenite from Morocco?22:55 5th Oct 2015 - posted by Jacob Zonderman
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.