Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 13th May 2016 - LIVE REPORT Santa Ana - West Coast Gem & Mineral Show
- 9th April 2016 - LIVE REPORT Sinkankas Symposium 2016 - Roger Merk tribute - ...
- 20th March 2016 - LIVE REPORT The Nautilus Show, Ghent, Belgium - Live Report
- 14th February 2016 - LIVE REPORT Tucson 2016 - Live reports Saturday evening event
- 14th February 2016 - LIVE REPORT Tucson 2016 - Live report final day TGMS show
- 12th February 2016 - LIVE REPORT Tucson 2016 - Live report TGMS day 2
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day May 26, 2016
- Rolf Luetcke - 22nd May 2016Mine Along Tres Alamos Wash
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 15th May 2016Santa Ana - West Coast Gem & Mineral Show
- Rolf Luetcke - 8th May 2016Silver Cloud Mine, Dragoon Mountains, Arizona
- Larry Maltby - 11th May 2016A. E. Seaman Mineral Museum (Supplement )
- Michael C. Michayluk - 23rd May 2016Collecting Wind Mountain (in the Cornudas Mountains, NM, USA): Part I
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: The Realmonte Salt Mine in Sicily20:53 26th May 2016 - posted by Uwe Kolitsch
- problem with picture of Joseph Tyrrell20:49 26th May 2016 - posted by Tony Peterson
- Re: Adding synthetic materials20:42 26th May 2016 - posted by Ronald J. Pellar
- Re: Adding synthetic materials20:28 26th May 2016 - posted by Łukasz Kruszewski
- Corundum from Nepal20:25 26th May 2016 - posted by Charles Trezise
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.