Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 1st July 2015 The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- 18th May 2015 360 degree Spin Mineral Photography
- 13th May 2015 The Oxford Mineral Show May 2015
- 1st May 2015 Thank you! Tucson Mindat Auction donors
- 6th April 2015 Mindat.org in 3D
- 15th March 2015 Two new magazines to download
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day September 1, 2015
- Edgar Müller - 28th Aug 2015My Black BOX or . . . . new Stacking Device
- Giuliano Bettini - 14th Aug 2015Petalite Adventures: hunt for Castor and Pollux.
- Ben Grguric (2) - 13th Aug 2015The Light Sensitivity of Crocoite
- Lon Clay Hill - 8th Aug 2015THE CHASSIGNY METEORITE: AN EXCELLENT PROTOTYPE
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 3rd Jul 2015The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Meteor over the South Dakota Badlands?17:01 1st Sep 2015 - posted by Larry Maltby
- Re: 2 of these are glass I think16:40 1st Sep 2015 - posted by Owen Melfyn Lewis
- Re: I need help i.d. hopefully diamond16:38 1st Sep 2015 - posted by Owen Melfyn Lewis
- Re: Morris Dam CT Apatite?16:24 1st Sep 2015 - posted by Reiner Mielke
- Re: Morris Dam CT Apatite?16:21 1st Sep 2015 - posted by Jacob Zonderman
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
- 1st Sep - GreekrocksAuction ends tonight!
- 1st Sep - Crystal ClassicsNew Der Hammerstein Auction
- 1st Sep - Weinrich Minerals, Inc.New Updates/Auction Closing
- 31st Aug - Mintreasure.come-rocks auction closes today!
- 31st Aug - e-RocksThe End Of August Auctions
- More Dealer NewsClick here to view all recent dealer news
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.