Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 23rd November 2015 Mindat/SMLS Mineral Weekend 2015
- 29th October 2015 Munich Show 2015 - Preview
- 29th September 2015 Denver Gem and Mineral Show, September 18-20
- 17th September 2015 Three New Minerals - for three Mindat.org ...
- 1st July 2015 The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- 18th May 2015 360 degree Spin Mineral Photography
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day November 27, 2015
- Rolf Luetcke - 25th Nov 2015The Dean Richmond Mine Story
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 23rd Nov 2015Mindat/SMLS Mineral Weekend 2015
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 29th Oct 2015Munich Show 2015 - Preview
- Rolf Luetcke - 25th Oct 2015Small Mine in the Chiricahua Mountains
- Lon Clay Hill - 16th Oct 2015Four 19th Century Latvian meteorite falls: Problematics of Mineralogical Reconst
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Illinois fluorite to/for trade?01:16 27th Nov 2015 - posted by Aaron Miller (2)
- New minerals and nomenclature modifications ...00:54 27th Nov 2015 - posted by Marco E. Ciriotti
- Re: Missouri mineral/rock ID23:20 26th Nov 2015 - posted by Norman King
- Re: Missouri mineral/rock ID22:25 26th Nov 2015 - posted by Milton Dye
- Re: National Mine, Pontbriend, QC22:02 26th Nov 2015 - posted by Fred A. Schuster
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.