Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 29th September 2015 Denver Gem and Mineral Show, September 18-20
- 17th September 2015 Three New Minerals - for three Mindat.org ...
- 1st July 2015 The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- 18th May 2015 360 degree Spin Mineral Photography
- 13th May 2015 The Oxford Mineral Show May 2015
- 1st May 2015 Thank you! Tucson Mindat Auction donors
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day October 13, 2015
- Lon Clay Hill - 7th Oct 2015Four 19th Century Latvian meteorite falls: Problematics of Mineralogical Reconst
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 7th Oct 2015Mindat.org Events, UK and RUSSIA, 2015
- Norman King - 26th Sep 2015Denver Gem and Mineral Show, September 18-20
- Tony Nikischer - 28th Sep 2015Obituary: Rock Currier 1940-2015
- Roy Starkey - 20th Sep 2015The 34th British Micromount Symposium
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Help Identify These Rocks and Minerals of ...07:22 13th Oct 2015 - posted by Matt Neuzil
- Re: Best microminerals photographs under 1 cm ...07:11 13th Oct 2015 - posted by Frédéric Hède
- Re: Help Identify These Rocks and Minerals of ...06:31 13th Oct 2015 - posted by Ben Rea
- Re: Help Identify These Rocks and Minerals of ...06:30 13th Oct 2015 - posted by Ben Rea
- Re: Help Identify These Rocks and Minerals of ...06:28 13th Oct 2015 - posted by Ben Rea
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.