Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
Mindat.org is free to use. Why not start by reading about some commonly encountered minerals:
- 27th February 2015 Tucson 2015 - A quick photo tour
- 11th January 2015 The new mindat.org!
- 25th December 2014 What's new on our 21st anniversary?
- 24th December 2014 3rd International Competition of Mineral ...
- 10th December 2014 STOLEN - Major specimens stolen from the Desmond ...
- 22nd November 2014 Mindat - SMLS - NHM Events November 2014
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day March 4, 2015
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 27th Feb 2015Tucson 2015 - A quick photo tour
- Bill Cordua - 20th Feb 2015Some notes on Wisconsin Fluorescent Minerals
- Roy Starkey - 21st Feb 2015Lapworth Museum Stones and Bones Exhibition - Birmingham (UK)
- Bill Cordua - 17th Feb 2015Ringwoodite - the true story
- Bill Cordua - 17th Feb 2015Meteorite hunting in a Wisconsin Gravel Pit
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Real turquoise?11:54 4th Mar 2015 - posted by David Von Bargen
- appel à financement participatif (crowd founding)11:53 4th Mar 2015 - posted by Pascal Chollet
- Re: Zentralschweizer Mineralien und Edelstein ...11:25 4th Mar 2015 - posted by Norbert Fuchs
- Re: Federal restrictions on sale of banned ...11:13 4th Mar 2015 - posted by Frank Craig
- Re: Norra Kärr10:37 4th Mar 2015 - posted by Ulf Nyberg
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.