Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
Mindat.org is free to use. Why not start by reading about some commonly encountered minerals:
- 15th March 2015 Two new magazines to download
- 27th February 2015 Tucson 2015 - A quick photo tour
- 11th January 2015 The new mindat.org!
- 25th December 2014 What's new on our 21st anniversary?
- 24th December 2014 3rd International Competition of Mineral ...
- 10th December 2014 STOLEN - Major specimens stolen from the Desmond ...
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
- Bill Cordua - 31st Mar 2015Temples of Galena
- Roy Starkey - 23rd Mar 2015Matthew Forster Heddle - exciting news!
- Rolf Luetcke - 20th Mar 2015Collecting at the Reef Mine, Huachuca Mts. Arizona
- Bill Cordua - 16th Mar 2015Indiana geodes, grad school and mental health
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 15th Mar 2015Two new magazines to download
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: restoring the beauty of a once white agate00:41 2nd Apr 2015 - posted by Paul Brandes
- Re: restoring the beauty of a once white agate23:51 1st Apr 2015 - posted by Thomas Lühr
- Re: Millipede Fossil in Larimar Stone? Is this ...23:35 1st Apr 2015 - posted by Jolyon & Katya Ralph
- Re: Millipede Fossil in Larimar Stone? Is this ...23:05 1st Apr 2015 - posted by Rui Nunes
- Re: restoring the beauty of a once white agate22:20 1st Apr 2015 - posted by Wayne Corwin
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.