Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 18th May 2015 360 degree Spin Mineral Photography
- 13th May 2015 The Oxford Mineral Show May 2015
- 1st May 2015 Thank you! Tucson Mindat Auction donors
- 6th April 2015 Mindat.org in 3D
- 15th March 2015 Two new magazines to download
- 27th February 2015 Tucson 2015 - A quick photo tour
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day June 30, 2015
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 25th Jun 2015Ste Marie-aux-mines 2015 first impressions
- Michael Lambert II - 23rd Jun 2015Antimony Minerals out of Tennessee!!
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 21st Jun 2015The Most Common Minerals on the Earth
- Michael Lambert II - 10th Jun 2015From Soldier to Geologist
- Bill Cordua - 8th Jun 20152 Yard Bucket from a Michigan Copper Mine
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Hardness of steel overstated ?18:40 30th Jun 2015 - posted by Reiner Mielke
- Re: Gail's NEW favourite of the day, PART 218:35 30th Jun 2015 - posted by Bob Harman
- Re: Hardness of steel overstated ?17:55 30th Jun 2015 - posted by Jolyon & Katya Ralph
- Re: Hardness of steel overstated ?17:30 30th Jun 2015 - posted by Reiner Mielke
- Re: Inclusions in quartz confined to the quartz?17:27 30th Jun 2015 - posted by Reiner Mielke
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.