Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 20th July 2016 - LIVE REPORT Visit to the Natural History Museum, London
- 1st July 2016 Sainte-Marie-Aux-Mines 2016 - Day 1
- 1st July 2016 Sainte-Marie-Aux-Mines 2016 - Day 2
- 23rd June 2016 - LIVE REPORT Hong Kong mineral show - live report
- 13th May 2016 - LIVE REPORT Santa Ana - West Coast Gem & Mineral Show
- 9th April 2016 - LIVE REPORT Sinkankas Symposium 2016 - Roger Merk tribute - ...
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day August 24, 2016
- Chris Popham - 22nd Aug 2016SHARKHAMPOINT IRON MINE
- Chris Popham - 22nd Aug 2016Wheal Exmouth, Teign Valley, Devon.
- Chris Popham - 22nd Aug 2016Little Duke Mine
- Chris Popham - 22nd Aug 2016King’s Wood Adit, Buckfastleigh, Devon.
- Chris Popham - 22nd Aug 2016Tin Extraction on Dartmoor.
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Anatase - Holzmühlental quarry, Flechtingen, ...18:37 24th Aug 2016 - posted by Matteo Chinellato
- Re: Anatase - Holzmühlental quarry, Flechtingen, ...18:35 24th Aug 2016 - posted by Jürgen Greiner
- Re: a rock with a vain of gold and coppar18:30 24th Aug 2016 - posted by Becky Coulson
- Re: Liesegang Rings and other things18:03 24th Aug 2016 - posted by Larry Maltby
- Re: Zircon - Sissone Valley, Chiesa in ...17:36 24th Aug 2016 - posted by Uwe Kolitsch
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.