Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 1st July 2015 The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- 18th May 2015 360 degree Spin Mineral Photography
- 13th May 2015 The Oxford Mineral Show May 2015
- 1st May 2015 Thank you! Tucson Mindat Auction donors
- 6th April 2015 Mindat.org in 3D
- 15th March 2015 Two new magazines to download
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day August 28, 2015
- Edgar Müller - TodayMy Black BOX or . . . . new Stacking Device
- Giuliano Bettini - 14th Aug 2015Petalite Adventures: hunt for Castor and Pollux.
- Ben Grguric (2) - 13th Aug 2015The Light Sensitivity of Crocoite
- Lon Clay Hill - 8th Aug 2015THE CHASSIGNY METEORITE: AN EXCELLENT PROTOTYPE
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 3rd Jul 2015The Ste Marie-aux-Mines Mineral Show 2015
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Do "Enhydros," or fluid inclusions, increase ...19:03 28th Aug 2015 - posted by Ronald J. Pellar
- Re: Do "Enhydros," or fluid inclusions, increase ...18:56 28th Aug 2015 - posted by Steven Kuitems
- Re: Do "Enhydros," or fluid inclusions, increase ...18:46 28th Aug 2015 - posted by Michael Sommers
- Re: metallic octahedron guess18:38 28th Aug 2015 - posted by Matt Courville
- Re: Do "Enhydros," or fluid inclusions, increase ...18:30 28th Aug 2015 - posted by Andrew Debnam
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.