Mindat Logo
bannerbannerbannerbanner
Welcome!

photo of the day

Posted by Rolf Brandt  
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 10:22AM
Here a photo with 320 photos....

(when server wil be ok)


And i'm intersting by links with photo were we can seen fov between 0.6 mm - 0.3 mm not MEB also....

Because i read a lot of things but i see nothing... Yes it's unperfect but in these size i see nobody.





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 10:31AM by Frédéric Hède.
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 10:34AM
it    
320 photos?? I take max 20 photos in my specimens, and normaly its 10 photos in multiphocus

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 03:17PM
Matteo sorry but you are not so professional....

In these size it's an obligation to take a lot of photo... Depth of view is very limited for theses field of view by numerical aperture. With a 20X she is near 1.5 to 2µm....

It's important to understand this point....

There is no normaly here.... Just an obligation. With à 4X it's near 15 µm.....

Perhaps could you learn more if you listen more ?

Fred



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 03:24PM by Frédéric Hède.
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 05:05PM
Frédéric,
you said in an earlier post that you didnt have the limitations of a classical system: were you referring to photography without stacking, or are you using more advanced processing than simple stacking ( e.g. deconvolution ?)
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 05:39PM
it    
Frédéric Hède Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Matteo sorry but you are not so professional....
>
> In these size it's an obligation to take a lot of
> photo... Depth of view is very limited for theses
> field of view by numerical aperture. With a 20X
> she is near 1.5 to 2µm....
>
> It's important to understand this point....
>
> There is no normaly here.... Just an obligation.
> With à 4X it's near 15 µm.....
>
> Perhaps could you learn more if you listen more ?
>
> Fred


320 photos for have a similar result, sorry but for me its only time wasted. With only 10 photos I have the same results if not better, all my gallery photos is take with max of 20 photos in multifocus, not over. Just for say the pyroclore example its take with only 7 photos and I not have halos, blurred image etc....

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 05:41PM
it    
ah, and I am not the unique to say this, other photographers of reviews etc... not take tons of photos for the multifocus

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 06:17PM
Matteo you are a true professional.... But in fact you don't listen me and you are not able to make similar photo. I you don't want learning it's not my problem. Pyrochlore is a low resolution photo, sorry but i think than all good photographer here think that...

If you want i can make a true photo to compare but you can't send me this specimen...

For make a 0.35 mm FOV photo 10 or 30 photo it's just ridiculous....
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 06:24PM
Hello Dominik,

Deconvolution is not for me for the moment (but It's an interessant thing....). I must try a freeware for see. Do you have try these freeware ?

But in fact it's for lowest FOV under 1 mm....


Isaid that because i use an atypic system that all. My plate is very simple because i don't need a great precision.... But i can done 0.1 µm for stacking... i'm not limited for the number of image....

For matteo it's not usefull :).
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 06:24PM
it    
Frédéric Hède Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Matteo you are a true professional.... But in fact
> you don't listen me and you are not able to make
> similar photo. I you don't want learning it's not
> my problem. Pyrochlore is a low resolution photo,
> sorry but i think than all good photographer here
> think that...
>
> If you want i can make a true photo to compare but
> you can't send me this specimen...
>
> For make a 0.35 mm FOV photo 10 or 30 photo it's
> just ridiculous....


hahahaha...ok ok stay with your idea, I am not professional but strange, Lapis use my photos, Mineralien Welt use my photos, Mineralogical Record use my photos, Gems & Gemmology use my photos and and also used for courses of G.I.A., Rivista Mineralogica Italian just in the last number I had just 3 articles with all my pictures and of specimens under the 1 mm of crystal....strange all this magazines want my photos if I am not professional, and not for speack of the many private collectors or museums or university pay on contract for have photos take by me.

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 06:27PM by Matteo Chinellato.
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 06:38PM
Matteo it's not my probleme if they want pay for your photo, it's a great thing for you. But take a 1 mm crystal it's very easy... If they think than you are the best, good for you. But for me, this example of clinochlore show just your limitation in small minerals.

For me magazines are not important, when i look in these magasines, their photo are not enough good for than i paid for that....

I make new photo... i give example of definition if you want in the same size = 1.4 mm okay ? All here could compare... I 'll prefer take your clinochlore and all could be seen the difference.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 06:43PM by Frédéric Hède.
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 06:54PM
ch    
Again and again the same discussion which comes out from time to time....

I am wondering Chinellato are you trying to teach us or is this a show of egomania?

I guess all mindat knows you have 15000 euro equipment (good for you, I don't and don't want), if that is worth or not is not by business, but this is not a good reason (in my opinion) to always criticize someone else work. Do you think your comments are helpful? they only lead to irritation and do not bring anything good to you, to the other participants and readers. Is that so difficult to have an adult discussion, with a fruitful exchange of ideas and opinions??

btw Chinellato one more comment, doesn't your signature say "equipment is only the beginning, the photographer plays the major role"? and than you say you need 15000 euro equipment, it's not a good commercial for you skills.

just to conclude, I do photo because I enjoy it and whenever I can I'm glad to share my experience, to learn from someone else, or to help beginners.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dario Cericola
My Mindat page --> [www.mindat.org]
Periodic Table of Minerals --> [www.mindat.org]
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 06:59PM
Here an imperfect photo, just finished, no treatment.... Just stacked. FOV is 1.4 mm

Yes they are some noise (czp can done better) but the resolution is better than your pirochlore. We can see details.... Anf for that just an objective 4X and for 23 dollars you find the same quality on ebay...





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 07:02PM by Frédéric Hède.
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:07PM
nl    
Her are some examples what some can achieve with small FOVs

Jean-Marc Johannet

[www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm
[www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm
[www.mindat.org] FOV 1mm
[www.mindat.org] FOV 0,5mm
[www.mindat.org] FOV 0,7mm
[www.mindat.org] FOV 1mm

Fred Kruijen

[www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm
[www.mindat.org] FOV +/- 1mm

Jean Claude Dol

[www.mindat.org] FOV 1mm
[www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:17PM
it    
Dario Cericola Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Again and again the same discussion which comes
> out from time to time....
>
> I am wondering Chinellato are you trying to teach
> us or is this a show of egomania?
>
> I guess all mindat knows you have 15000 euro
> equipment (good for you, I don't and don't want),
> if that is worth or not is not by business, but
> this is not a good reason (in my opinion) to
> always criticize someone else work. Do you think
> your comments are helpful? they only lead to
> irritation and do not bring anything good to you,
> to the other participants and readers. Is that so
> difficult to have an adult discussion, with a
> fruitful exchange of ideas and opinions??
>
> btw Chinellato one more comment, doesn't your
> signature say "equipment is only the beginning,
> the photographer plays the major role"? and than
> you say you need 15000 euro equipment, it's not a
> good commercial for you skills.
>
> just to conclude, I do photo because I enjoy it
> and whenever I can I'm glad to share my
> experience, to learn from someone else, or to help
> beginners.


for sure I have teach to you seen you have ask to me some technique opinions time ago on mineralogical photos, I have the emails.

it's not a good commercial for you skills.

depend, for the moment the persons give work to me have another idea, for my professionalism in my work and other.

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 07:27PM by Matteo Chinellato.
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:19PM
it    
Harjo Neutkens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Her are some examples what some can achieve with
> small FOVs
>
> Jean-Marc Johannet
>
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 1mm
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 0,5mm
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 0,7mm
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 1mm
>
> Fred Kruijen
>
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm
> [www.mindat.org] FOV +/-
> 1mm
>
> Jean Claude Dol
>
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 1mm
> [www.mindat.org] FOV 1,5mm


THIS are photos, not sure what I have seen here over....not to say all 3 work for professional magazines

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:25PM
I don't want a lesson ( i have enough in France with some others "professional" who teach bad technics). I'm pragmatist ! If it's good the technic is good. I made with my ideas.

I'd like compare my technic with others and i need to take a same specimen to see but i don't find someone for make that.... Matteo, Dominik or others i'm waiting you. Just for the pleasure.... I'm not professional, just an amateur....



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 07:31PM by Frédéric Hède.
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:29PM
If we don't work for magazine we are bad ? Haha.... I can't tell more....

It's unbelievable to read that !

Send me something.... all the size is good for me....
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:33PM
it    
Frédéric Hède Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we don't work for magazine we are bad ?
> Haha.... I can't tell more....
>
> It's unbelievable to read that !
>
> Send me something.... all the size is good for
> me....


for sure with your photos no. Ah, I am informed on french magazines you have say they not pay, they pay....but for quality photos.
And just for understand the person here, go to here [www.mindat.org] normaly a similar person I call " the portrait of modesty " hahahhaha

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)
Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:41PM
Interesting... I prefer photos in book .... For magazine, it's free. They dont' pay but if they don't say the true....

In fact, here we have the demonstration of your capacity to show ypur professionalism.. I' ll posted regulary in great size my bad photo... Just for the pleasure. Free for all.... ;) and with good resolution



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 07:48PM by Frédéric Hède.
avatar Re: photo of the day
December 19, 2011 07:43PM
it    
Frédéric Hède Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting... I prefer photos in book ....
>
> In fact, here we have the demonstration of your
> capacity to show ypur professionalism.. I post
> regulary in great size my bad photo... Just for
> the pleasure. Free for all.... ;)


you go in my gallery here and you have all measures you want, its only at 7000 photos to control. And now I not lost any other time for answer in this post.

Mindat Page

[www.mindat.org]


Attrezzatura e tecnica sono solo l'inizio. È il fotografo che conta più di tutto. (John Hedgecoe)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Mineral and/or Locality  
Search Google  
Copyright © Jolyon Ralph and Ida Chau 1993-2014. Site Map. Locality, mineral & photograph data are the copyright of the individuals who submitted them. Site hosted & developed by Jolyon Ralph. Mindat.org is an online information resource dedicated to providing free mineralogical information to all. Mindat relies on the contributions of thousands of members and supporters. Mindat does not offer minerals for sale. If you would like to add information to improve the quality of our database, then click here to register.
Current server date and time: July 22, 2014 19:30:57
Mineral and Locality Search
Mineral:
and/or Locality:
Options
Fade toolbar when not in focusFix toolbar to bottom of page
Hide Social Media Links
Slideshow frame delay seconds