This page is currently not sponsored. Click here to sponsor this page.
Cambodia is divided into twenty khêt (provinces) and four autonomous municipalities. Phnom = hill or mountain.
There are numerous sedimentary rocks including sandstones and limestones, low to high grade metamorphic rocks as well as granitic intrusives as well as extensive basaltic extrusive rocks. The basement rocks tend to be Proterozoic metamorphic rocks. Various areas contain Cambrian to Cretaceous sedimentary rocks. Pliocene basalts and Quaternary sediments are extensively developed.
The gemstone deposits are formed where alluvial processes have concentrated the gem xenoliths found in the basalts.
Mineral ListMineral list contains entries from the region specified including sub-localities
Rock Types RecordedEntries shown in red are rocks recorded for this region.
Note: this is a very new system on mindat.org and data is currently VERY limited. Please bear with us while we work towards adding this information!
Rock list contains entries from the region specified including sub-localities
- Sedimentary rock and sediment
- Organic-rich sediment and sedimentary rock
- Non-clastic siliceous sediment and sedimentary rock
- Miscellaneous clay and aluminium-rich sediment and sedimentary rock
- Sediment and sedimentary rock based on grain or crystal size
- Metamorphic rock and metasediment
46 valid minerals.
Localities in this Region
- ⭔Bântéay Méanchey Province
- ⭔Bătdâmbâng Province (Khet Batdambang Province; Battambang Province)
- Kam Pot Province
- ⭔Kâmpóng Cham Province
- ⭔Kâmpóng Chhnăng Province
- ⭔Kâmpóng Spœ Province (Kampong Speu Province)
- ⭔Kâmpóng Thum Province (Kampong Thom Province)
- ⭔Kandal Province
- ⭔Koh Kong Province
- ⭔Kratié Province
- Krong Keb Municipality
- ⭔Krong Pailin Municipality (Pailin Municipality)
- ⭔Krŏng Preăh Sihanouk Municipality
- ⭔Môndól Kiri Province (Mondulkiri Province)
- ⭔Oddar Méanchey Province
- Oddar Méanchey Province
- ⭔Preăh Vihéar Province
- Chhep (1)
- Chhep (1A)
- Chhep (2)
- Chhep (2A)
- Chhep (3A)
- Kompong Sralau district
- Phnom Chnuon
- Phnom Ke
- Phnom Lung
- Phnom Sekahom
- Phnom Thong
- Phum Pel
- Phum Pring
- Phum Thmei (1)
- Phum Thmei (2)
- Rovieng district
- ⭔Prey Vêng Province
- ⭔Pursat Province
- ⭔Rattanakiri Province (Ratanakiri Province; Rotanokiri Province)
- Rôtânôkiri Province
- ⭔Siĕmréab Province
- ⭔Stung Treng Province
- ⭔Takêv Province
The above list contains all mineral locality references listed on mindat.org. This does not claim to be a complete list. If you know of more minerals from this site, please register so you can add to our database. This locality information is for reference purposes only. You should never attempt to visit any sites listed in mindat.org without first ensuring that you have the permission of the land and/or mineral rights holders for access and that you are aware of all safety precautions necessary.
Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (1993) Atlas of Mineral Resources for the Escap Region Cambodia Vol 10 UN.