Fairview Mine, Barberton District, Mpumalanga Province, South AfricaGold mine. Hydrothermal, fault/shear-hosted zones of mineralisation in the Archean meta-sedimentary rocks of the Barberton Greenstone Belt.
One of 4 mines that produced 70% of the gold found in this area with the remaining 30% coming from 350 additional gold deposits.
5 entries listed. 3 valid minerals.
The above list contains all mineral locality references listed on mindat.org. This does not claim to be a complete list. If you know of more minerals from this site, please register so you can add to our database. This locality information is for reference purposes only. You should never attempt to visit any sites listed in mindat.org without first ensuring that you have the permission of the land and/or mineral rights holders for access and that you are aware of all safety precautions necessary.
Cairncross, B. and Anhaeusser, C.R., (1992), Gold in South Africa. Mineralogical Record: 23(3): 214.
This page is currently not sponsored. To sponsor this page click here.
|Fade toolbar when not in focus||Fix toolbar to bottom of page|
|Hide Social Media Links|
|Slideshow frame delay||seconds|
Locality Updated: Østskogen Quarry, Tvedalen, Larvik, Vestfold, NorwayFrom Knut Edvard Larsen, 9th Dec 2013 17:10:55