This page is currently not sponsored. Click here to sponsor this page.
|Location is approximate, based on center of defined region.|
|Latitude & Longitude:||52° North , 19° East (est.)|
|Museums in region:|
Since 1999 Poland is subdivided into sixteen administrative regions known as voivodships (e.g., Opolskie, Podkarpackie).
Commodity ListThis is a list of exploitable or exploited mineral commodities recorded from this region.
Mineral ListMineral list contains entries from the region specified including sub-localities
757 valid minerals. 22 (TL) - type locality of valid minerals. 2 (FRL) - first recorded locality of unapproved mineral/variety/etc.
Rock Types Recorded
Note: this is a very new system on mindat.org and data is currently VERY limited. Please bear with us while we work towards adding this information!
Rock list contains entries from the region specified including sub-localities
Select Rock List TypeAlphabetical List Tree Diagram
Entries shown in red are rocks recorded for this region.
- Igneous rock
- Normal crystalline igneous rock
- Glassy igneous rock
- ⓘ Pegmatite
- Sedimentary rock and sediment
- Metamorphic rock
- Lunar, meteorite and other extra-terrestrial rock and sediment
- Meteoritic and asteroid rock
- Chondrite meteorite
- Differentiated achondrite meteorite
- Primitive achondrite meteorite
- Relict meteorite
- Meteoritic and asteroid rock
- Artificial material
GeochronologyMineralization age: Paleozoic : 383 Ma to 256 Ma
Important note: This table is based only on rock and mineral ages recorded below and is not necessarily a complete representation of the geochronology, but does give an indication of possible mineralization events relevant to this locality. As more age information is added this table may expand in the future. A break in the table simply indicates a lack of data entered here, not necessarily a break in the geologic sequence. Grey background entries are from different, related, localities.
Localities in this Region
- ⭔Lower Silesia (Dolnośląskie)
- Bogatynia area
- ⭔Dzierżoniów district
- Gogołów-Jordanów Massif
- Grabiszyce Górne
- Izerskie Mts
- ⭔Jawor District
- ⭔Jelenia Góra District
- Kaczawskie Mts
- Kamienna Góra
- ⭔Kamienna Góra district
- Karkonosze Mts (Karkonosze Massif)
- ⭔Kłodzko District
- ⭔Lubań District
- ⭔Lwówek District
- ⭔Pilce (near Złoty Stok)
- Rudawy Janowickie Mts
- Sowie Góry Block
- Sowie Mts
- ⭔Środa Śląska district
- Strzegom-Sobótka Massif
- ⭔Strzelin District
- Sudetes Mts
- ⭔Świdnica District
- Świeradów Zdrój area
- ⭔Wałbrzych District
- ⭔Ząbkowice District
- ⭔Zgorzelec district
- ⭔Złotoryja District
- Łużyce (Luzice) U deposit
- Silesia (Schlesien)
- ⭔Upper Silesia (Śląskie)
- ⭔Będzin District
- ⭔Bielsko-Biała District
- ⭔Bytom District (Beuthen)
- ⭔Cieszyn District
- ⭔Częstochowa District
- ⭔Gliwice District
- Katowice - Piekary Śląskie area slag dumps
- ⭔Lubliniec District
- ⭔Myszków District
- ⭔Ruda Śląska District
- ⭔Rybnik District
- ⭔Tarnowskie Góry District
- Upper Silesian Coal Basin
- ⭔Wodzisław Śląski District
- ⭔Zawiercie District
- ⭔Zachodniopomorskie (West Pomerania)
This page contains all mineral locality references listed on mindat.org. This does not claim to be a complete list. If you know of more minerals from this site, please register so you can add to our database. This locality information is for reference purposes only. You should never attempt to visit any sites listed in mindat.org without first ensuring that you have the permission of the land and/or mineral rights holders for access and that you are aware of all safety precautions necessary.
Sort by Year (asc) | by Year (desc) | by Author (A-Z) | by Author (Z-A)
- Weigner, S. (1916): Karte der Bergbaugebiete Polens. Mitteilungen der Geologischen Gesellschaft in Wien 9, 195-198.
- Roman Osika, Ed. (1990): Geology of Poland, vol. VI, Mineral Deposits. Geological Institute, Warsaw, xx pp.
- Przeniosło, S. (ed.) (2000): Mineral resources of Poland. Polish Geological Institute, Warsaw, xx pp.
- Szakáll, S., Ed. (2002): Minerals of the Carpathians. Christian Weise Verlag, Munich, Germany, 480 pp.