Grauleitenspitze south slope, Ankogel area, Ankogel group, Hohe Tauern, Carinthia, Austria
This page is currently not sponsored. Click here to sponsor this page.
|Location is approximate, estimate based on other nearby localities.|
|Latitude & Longitude (WGS84):||47° North , 12° East (est.)|
|Margin of Error:||~8km|
|Other regions containing this locality:||The Alps, Europe|
|Köppen climate type:||ET : Tundra|
|Name(s) in local language(s):||Grauleitenspitze Südflanke, Ankogelgebiet, Ankogelgruppe, Hohe Tauern, Kärnten, Österreich|
Mineralized clefts. Located east of Arnoldstein mountain and west of Plattenkogel mountain.
Minerals collected from clefts on the northern slopes are listed for Salzburg.
15 valid minerals.
This page contains all mineral locality references listed on mindat.org. This does not claim to be a complete list. If you know of more minerals from this site, please register so you can add to our database. This locality information is for reference purposes only. You should never attempt to visit any sites listed in mindat.org without first ensuring that you have the permission of the land and/or mineral rights holders for access and that you are aware of all safety precautions necessary.
Sort by Year (asc) | by Year (desc) | by Author (A-Z) | by Author (Z-A)
- K. Kontrus: Der Karinthin 4: 54-56 (1949)
- Winzer, J.(1987): Mineralfunde in der Ankogelgruppe, Kärnten. Der Karinthin, vol.96, 479-482.
- G. Niedermayr: Carinthia II 178./98.:189 (1988)
- G. Niedermayr, I. Praetzel: Mineralien Kärntens, 1995
- Burkhardt, H. (2011): Blauer Beryll von der Grauleiten, Ankogel, Österreich. Lapis 36 (5), 41.