Luna 24 landing site, Mare Crisium, The Moon
This page is currently not sponsored. Click here to sponsor this page.
|Latitude & Longitude:||12° 42' 52'' North , 62° 12' 46'' East|
|Latitude & Longitude (decimal):||12.71450,62.21290|
Samples returned by the Russian Luna-24 mission from crater ejecta blanket.
Landed on 18th August 1976 and launched to return samples to Earth the next day. 2400 meters from Luna-23 landing site.
39 valid minerals. 1 (FRL) - first recorded locality of unapproved mineral/variety/etc.
This page contains all mineral locality references listed on mindat.org. This does not claim to be a complete list. If you know of more minerals from this site, please register so you can add to our database. This locality information is for reference purposes only. You should never attempt to visit any sites listed in mindat.org without first ensuring that you have the permission of the land and/or mineral rights holders for access and that you are aware of all safety precautions necessary.
Sort by Year (asc) | by Year (desc) | by Author (A-Z) | by Author (Z-A)
- Ashikhmina, N.A., Bogatikov, O.A., Stepanchikov, V.A., Frih-Har, D.I. (1981) On find of zincian copper in Lunar regolith, - Doklady AN SSSR, v. 256, N5, pp. 1212-1215 (in Russian)
- Bogatikov, 0. A., Gorshkov, A. I., Mokhov, A. V. Kartashov, P.M., Ashikhmina, N. A. and Magazina, L. 0. (2002): New Finds of Native Metals in a Lunar Regolith from the Crises Sea. Transactions (Doklady) of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Earth Science Section 382 (2002), 83
- Kartashov P.M., Bogatikov O.A., Mokhov A.V., Gorshkov A.I., Ashikhmina N.A., Magazina L.O., Koporulina E.V. (2006) Lunar monazites, - Doklady Earth Sciences, 407A(3), pp. 498–502.
- Mokhov, A.V., Kartashov, P.M., Bogatikov, O.A. (2007) Moon under a microscope, - Moscow, Nauka, p. 128 (in Russian).
- Mokhov, A.V., Kartashov P.M., e.a. (2007) Association of carbon-rich substance and native molybdenum in lunar regolith from Mare Crisium,- Doklady Earth Sciences, 415A(6), pp. 926-928.
- Mokhov, A.V., Kartashov P.M., Bogatikov, O.A., Magazina, L.O., Ashikhmina, N.A., Koporulina, E. (2008): Find of unusual complex oxides and η-Bronze in Lunar Regolith, Doklady Earth Sciences 421(2): 923-925
- Mokhov, A.V., Kartashov, P.M., Bogatikov, O.A., Ashikhmina, N.A., Magazina, L.O. and Koporulina, E.V. (2008) Fluorite, hatchettolite, calcium sulfate, and bastnasite-(Ce) in the lunar regolith from Mare Crisium. Doklady Earth Sciences, 422(1), 1178-1180.
- Kartashov, P.M., Mokhov, A.V., Gornostaeva, T.A., Bogatikov, O.A., Ashikhmina, N.A. (2010): Mineral phases on the fracture of a glass particle and in the fines of a Luna-24 regolith sample. Petrology: 18(2): 107-125
- Mokhov A.V., Kartashov P.M., Gornostaeva T.A., Asadulin A.A., Bogatikov O.A. (2013) Complex nanospherulites of zinc oxide and native amorphous boron in the Lunar regolith from Mare Crisium, - Doklady Earth Sciences, 448(1), p. 61-63.
- A.V. Mokhov, T.A. Gornostaeva, P.M. Kartashov, O.A. Bogatikov (2016) Native niobium in the regolith from the Mare Crisium, - Doklady Earth Sciences, 2016, Vol. 469, Part 2, pp. 874–876.