Log InRegister
Home PageAbout MindatThe Mindat ManualHistory of MindatCopyright StatusWho We AreContact UsAdvertise on Mindat
Donate to MindatCorporate SponsorshipSponsor a PageSponsored PagesMindat AdvertisersAdvertise on Mindat
Learning CenterWhat is a mineral?The most common minerals on earthInformation for EducatorsMindat Articles
Minerals by PropertiesMinerals by ChemistryAdvanced Locality SearchRandom MineralRandom LocalitySearch by minIDLocalities Near MeSearch ArticlesSearch GlossaryMore Search Options
Search For:
Mineral Name:
Locality Name:
Keyword(s):
 
The Mindat ManualAdd a New PhotoRate PhotosLocality Edit ReportCoordinate Completion ReportAdd Glossary Item
Mining CompaniesStatisticsThe ElementsUsersBooks & MagazinesMineral MuseumsMineral Shows & EventsThe Mindat DirectoryDevice Settings
Photo SearchPhoto GalleriesNew Photos TodayNew Photos YesterdayMembers' Photo GalleriesPast Photo of the Day Gallery

Anglo American plc

The mindat.org mining company directory

With 440 mining companies listed.

Click here to view all companies by country

Anglo American plc Corporate Social Responsibility

Mining companies that support the mission of mindat.org with premium level sponsorship can document their Corporate Social Responsibility programmes on their mine pages with text, document downloads, video links and images. Contact jolyon@mindat.org to take part.

TypePublic limited company
StatusTrading
Traded asJSE:AGL, LSE:AAL
FTSE 100 Component
Founded (original)1917 as Anglo American Corporation
Founded1999
HeadquartersLondon, United Kingdom
Johannesburg, South Africa
Employees~135,000 (December 2015)
RevenueUS$21.378 billion (2016)
Operating IncomeUS$3.602 billion (2016)
Net IncomeUS$1.926 billion (2016)
AssetsUS$ 52.01 billion (2016)
Subsidiaries and Joint VenturesCerrejón [33%]
De Beers Group of Companies [85%]
GEMCO (Groote Eylandt Mining Company Operation) [40%]
Hotazel Manganese Mines (pty) Ltd [40%]
Kumba Iron Ore [63.4%]
Commodities:Coal
Copper
Diamond
Iron
Manganese
Molybdenum
Nickel
Platinum
Platinum-Group Metals
Silver
Websitehttp://www.angloamerican.com/
EditEdit this company
The Anglo American Corporation was founded in 1917 by Sir Ernest Oppenheimer.

Anglo American plc s now a globally diversified mining business focusing on core diamond, copper and PGM assets, but with significant iron ore, manganese, nickel and coal production facilities.

The Anglo American Corporation became the largest stakeholder in the De Beers company in 1926, and now owns 85% of the business, the other 15% being owned by the Government of the Republic of Botswana.

Mines/prospects owned, licenced or operated by Anglo American plc, its subsidiaries or joint ventures

Australia
 
  • Northern Territory
    • East Arnhem Region
      • Groote Eylandt
Botswana
 
  • Central District
    • Letlhakane
      • Orapa
  • Southern District
    • Ngwaketse North District
      • Kanye
Brazil
 
  • Goiás
    • Barro Alto
    • Niquelândia
      • Niquelândia complex
  • Minas Gerais
    • Itatiaiuçu
Canada
 
  • Northwest Territories
    • Camsell Lake
    • Lac de Gras
  • Ontario
    • Kenora District
Chile
 
  • Santiago
    • Santiago Province
  • Tarapacá
    • El Tamarugal Province
      • Collahuasi district
  • Valparaíso
    • Quillota Province
      • Los Nogales
Colombia
 
  • La Guajira Department
    • Barrancas Municipality
Namibia
 
  • Karas Region
    • Lüderitz
South Africa
 
  • Free State
    • Fezile Dabi District
      • Kroonstad
  • Limpopo
    • Burgersfort
      • Sekhukhuneland
    • Sekhukhune District
    • Vhembe District
    • Waterberg District
      • Mogalakwena
        • Mokopane (Potgietersrus)
      • Thabazimbi
  • North West
    • Bojanala Platinum District
      • Rustenburg (Rustenburg District)
  • Northern Cape
    • Kalahari manganese field
    • Postmasburg manganese field
      • Kathu
        • Sishen
Zimbabwe
 
  • Midlands
    • Shurugwi District (Selukwe District)
Mineral and/or Locality  
Mindat.org is an outreach project of the Hudson Institute of Mineralogy, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Public Relations by Blytheweigh.
Copyright © mindat.org and the Hudson Institute of Mineralogy 1993-2019, except where stated. Most political location boundaries are © OpenStreetMap contributors. Mindat.org relies on the contributions of thousands of members and supporters.
Privacy Policy - Terms & Conditions - Contact Us Current server date and time: May 21, 2019 12:27:02
Go to top of page