|Previous names for museum||The Museum of Practical Geology|
|Year of opening||1835|
|Year museum closed||1988|
|Description||Absorbed into the Natural History Museum in 1988, to become the Earth Galleries.|
The museum was famous during the 1970s and 1980s for "The Story of the Earth" exhibition, with a huge reproduction of a scottish rock face, movie describing the formation of the earth, earthquake machine and interactive exhibits.
|Museum Address||Exhibiton Road|
|Mindat Locality region||Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London, England, UK|