Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 19th March 2017 - LIVE REPORT Nautilus Mineral and Fossil Show, Ghent, Belgium
- 12th March 2017 - LIVE REPORT Oxford Mineral Show - Live Report
- 14th February 2017 - LIVE REPORT Visit to Meteor Crater
- 14th February 2017 - LIVE REPORT Visit to Petrified Forest National Park
- 31st January 2017 - LIVE REPORT Tucson Show 2017 - Live Report
- 5th November 2016 - LIVE REPORT Mindat.org 4th International Conference - Myanmar
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day March 30, 2017
- W. Richard Gunter - 22nd Mar 2017One Quarry, three Spinels
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 19th Mar 2017Nautilus Mineral and Fossil Show, Ghent, Belgium
- Volker Betz - 15th Mar 2017Bariopharmocosiderite Colour Change
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 13th Mar 2017Oxford Mineral Show - Live Report
- Roy Starkey - 13th Mar 2017Royal Cornwall Museum - your help required!
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: ID help20:54 30th Mar 2017 - posted by Reiner Mielke
- Re: Mispickel20:53 30th Mar 2017 - posted by Erik Vercammen
- Re: Mispickel19:54 30th Mar 2017 - posted by Joachim Esche
- Re: Shipping radioactive minerals19:30 30th Mar 2017 - posted by Pavel Kartashov
- Re: Mispickel19:22 30th Mar 2017 - posted by Rob Woodside
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has donated to help us continue our important work.