Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 9th September 2017 - LIVE REPORT Denver Mineral Shows 2017
- 26th August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Kola! 2017 part 2
- 23rd August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Kola! 2017
- 22nd August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Moscow mindat tour
- 18th August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Saint Petersburg mindat tour
- 15th August 2017 DENVER SHOW 2017 - Everything you need to know!
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day September 22, 2017
- Clarence Ellis - 20th Sep 2017Zeolite Minerals of the Trout Peak Trachyandesite on Carter Mountain, Park Count
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 17th Sep 2017Denver Mineral Shows 2017
- Phil M. Belley - 12th Sep 2017Spinel + Forsterite at Parker mine, Quebec
- Roy Starkey - 12th Sep 2017Wonders of the Peak at Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
- Phil M. Belley - 12th Sep 2017Gemstone Give-Away!
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Aurichalcite?19:02 22nd Sep 2017 - posted by Juan Ángel Tort Figueroa
- Re: New Users and our Welcoming Attitude18:47 22nd Sep 2017 - posted by Daniel Bennett
- Re: Zincite...That must have been one HUGE ...18:42 22nd Sep 2017 - posted by Ferhan Tanudjiwa
- Bisbee Azurite TN rose18:35 22nd Sep 2017 - posted by MICHAEL SHANNON
- Re: Potential problem with the Michigan locality ...16:45 22nd Sep 2017 - posted by Larry Maltby
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has donated to help us continue our important work.