Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 5th November 2016 - LIVE REPORT Mindat.org 4th International Conference - Myanmar
- 28th October 2016 - LIVE REPORT Munich 2016 - Live Report
- 27th September 2016 - LIVE REPORT GSA 2016 - Day 3
- 26th September 2016 - LIVE REPORT GSA 2016 - Live report day 2
- 25th September 2016 - LIVE REPORT GSA 2016 - Live Report day 1
- 18th September 2016 - LIVE REPORT Denver 2016 - "main show" - day 3
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day January 22, 2017
- Giuliano Bettini - 20th Jan 2017Petalite eg. how to find minerals in cardboard boxes.
- Gerhard Niklasch - 19th Jan 2017Exploring Crystal Lattices - 3: Taking Three as the Subject...
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 17th Jan 2017Contested Regions
- Rolf Luetcke - 14th Jan 2017Small Unnamed Prospect in the Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona
- Gerhard Niklasch - 12th Jan 2017Exploring Crystal Lattices - 2: Enter the Model Universe
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Uranium Ore and Associated minerals11:41 22nd Jan 2017 - posted by Paul De Bondt
- Alacránite - Kateřina Coal Mine, Radvanice, ...10:41 22nd Jan 2017 - posted by Łukasz Kruszewski
- Re: Dealer Vs. Collector Descriptions08:52 22nd Jan 2017 - posted by Becky Coulson
- Re: Dealer Vs. Collector Descriptions05:18 22nd Jan 2017 - posted by John Stolz
- Re: Uranium Ore and Associated minerals05:05 22nd Jan 2017 - posted by Brent Thorne
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has contributed via sponsorship, donations and advertising to help us set up as a not-for-profit organization and to continue our important work.