Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 9th September 2017 - LIVE REPORT Denver Mineral Shows 2017
- 26th August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Kola! 2017 part 2
- 23rd August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Kola! 2017
- 22nd August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Moscow mindat tour
- 18th August 2017 - LIVE REPORT Saint Petersburg mindat tour
- 15th August 2017 DENVER SHOW 2017 - Everything you need to know!
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day September 20, 2017
- Jolyon & Katya Ralph - 17th Sep 2017Denver Mineral Shows 2017
- Phil M. Belley - 12th Sep 2017Spinel + Forsterite at Parker mine, Quebec
- Roy Starkey - 12th Sep 2017Wonders of the Peak at Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
- Phil M. Belley - 12th Sep 2017Gemstone Give-Away!
- Lon Clay Hill - 6th Sep 2017Meteorite Mineralogy: An Explicitly Planetological-Planetochemical Perspective
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: Gold - Goldberg group, Hohe Tauern, ...06:19 20th Sep 2017 - posted by Christian Auer
- Re: Weird Error, "Word you have used ... has been ...05:30 20th Sep 2017 - posted by Alfredo Petrov
- Re: Identifying Petalite Vs Rose Quartz05:23 20th Sep 2017 - posted by Volkmar Stingl
- Re: back to micromounting...03:35 20th Sep 2017 - posted by Robert Rothenberg
- Re: Identifying Petalite Vs Rose Quartz03:31 20th Sep 2017 - posted by Doug Daniels
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has donated to help us continue our important work.