Welcome to mindat.org
Mindat.org has been running since October 2000 with the aim of building and sharing information about minerals, their properties and where they are found.
It is now the world's largest public database of mineral information with an army of worldwide volunteers adding and verifying new information daily.
- 4th June 2017 - LIVE REPORT TIMA Tokyo Mineral Show 2017
- 21st April 2017 - LIVE REPORT The 44th Rochester Mineralogical Symposium
- 19th March 2017 - LIVE REPORT Nautilus Mineral and Fossil Show, Ghent, Belgium
- 12th March 2017 - LIVE REPORT Oxford Mineral Show - Live Report
- 14th February 2017 - LIVE REPORT Visit to Meteor Crater
- 14th February 2017 - LIVE REPORT Visit to Petrified Forest National Park
- Older News ArticlesClick here to view all older mineral news articles
Photo of the Day June 28, 2017
- Rolf Luetcke - TodayDenn Mine, Bisbee Arizona
- Fred A. Schuster - YesterdayEastern Metal mines, St Fabien de Panet, Quebec, Canada
- Giuliano Bettini - 24th Jun 2017Two mysteries are just one mystery.
- The Evje og Hornnes geomuseum, Fennefoss - 22nd Jun 2017The PEG2017 symposium on Granitic Pegmatites in Kristiansand, Norway
- Joel Dyer - 24th Jun 2017Another Gemmological Excursion to Sweden
- More ArticlesClick here to see more recent articles
- Re: mica23:14 28th Jun 2017 - posted by Gregg Little
- Re: Best mineral oil for making beautiful vaces ...23:13 28th Jun 2017 - posted by Don Saathoff
- What is wrong with this photo?23:01 28th Jun 2017 - posted by Rui Nunes
- Re: Zincite...That must have been one HUGE ...23:01 28th Jun 2017 - posted by Don Saathoff
- Re: Zincite...That must have been one HUGE ...22:15 28th Jun 2017 - posted by Robert Rothenberg
- Recent DiscussionsClick here to view all recent messages
Thank you for your support
Mindat.org would like to thank everyone who has donated to help us continue our important work.