This page is currently not sponsored. Click here to sponsor this page.
|Location is approximate, based on center of defined region.|
|Latitude & Longitude (WGS84):||27° North , 15° West (est.)|
Ignimbrite flows of the Mogan formation.
Mineral ListMineral list contains entries from the region specified including sub-localities
20 valid minerals. 1 (TL) - type locality of valid minerals.
Localities in this Region
This page contains all mineral locality references listed on mindat.org. This does not claim to be a complete list. If you know of more minerals from this site, please register so you can add to our database. This locality information is for reference purposes only. You should never attempt to visit any sites listed in mindat.org without first ensuring that you have the permission of the land and/or mineral rights holders for access and that you are aware of all safety precautions necessary.
Sort by Year (asc) | by Year (desc) | by Author (A-Z) | by Author (Z-A)
- Flörke, O. W., Jones, J. B. and Schmincke, H. U.; (1976) "A new microcrystalline silica from Gran Canaria;" Zeitschrift für Kristallographie, 143, pp. 156-165;
- Flörke, O. W., Flörke, U. and Giese, U.; (1984) "Moganite, a new microcrystalline silica-mineral:" Neues Jahrbuch für Mineralogie Abhandlungen, 149, pp. 325-336; 1984
- Barrera Morate, J.L., Gomez Sainz de Aja,J.A. y Cueto Pascual, L.A. (1986) Mpa Geológico de España 1:50.000 - MAGNA 50, Hoja 1113 - Mogán. IGME. Madrid.
- Götze, J., Nardala, L.,Keeberg,R. and Wenzel, M.(1998).Occurrence and distribution of “moganite” in agate/chalcedony: a combined micro-Raman, Rietveld, and cathodoluminescence study. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology. Volume 133,1-2, pp 96-105
- Heaney P J , Post J E , American Mineralogist , 86 (2001) p.1358-1366