This page is currently not sponsored. Click here to sponsor this page.
While there exist eight commonly defined regions of Japan, administratively Japan consists of forty-seven prefectures.
Geographically, Japan is a country of over three thousand islands extending along the Pacific coast of Asia. The main islands, running from north to south, are Hokkaidō, Honshū (the main island), Shikoku and Kyūshū.
Mineral ListMineral list contains entries from the region specified including sub-localities
1265 valid minerals. 139 (TL) - type locality of valid minerals. 3 (FRL) - first recorded locality of unapproved mineral/variety/etc.
Rock Types RecordedEntries shown in red are rocks recorded for this region.
Note: this is a very new system on mindat.org and data is currently VERY limited. Please bear with us while we work towards adding this information!
Rock list contains entries from the region specified including sub-localities
- Igneous rock
- Sedimentary rock and sediment
- Carbonate sediment and sedimentary rock
- Phosphatic sediment and phosphorite
- Non-clastic siliceous sediment and sedimentary rock
- Sediment and sedimentary rock based on grain or crystal size
- Metamorphic rock and metasediment